This little scripts helps people who don’t have a good knowledge of their OS to import gimp ressource, like brushes, patterns, scripts, palettes… into the right gimp user directory. Unfortunately, this script isn’t auto-installed so let’s do the first effort. To use this plug-in, you just have to :
- download import-ressources.py
- paste it in the .gimp-2.6/plug-ins user folder (MacOS, Library/Application Support/Gimp/plug-ins seems better)
- make it executable if necessary chmod +x
- launch or relaunch Gimp
- it should appear at the bottom of the Edit menu
- 1 or 3 fields could be displayed in to window. 3 if there is no image open. But even in this case, just use the last and tell what to import by browsing your directories
This plug-in has been tested on Linux and Macs, but on Macs, it seems that default user gimp directory /Users/votrenom/.gimp-2.6 is not added in the default folders. You should do it to make this work by adding folders in the preferences categories.
tell if you find it useful or have trouble with it.