A very busy day again. I’m beginning to feel sad because i already know i won’t be able able to spend time with some nice guys. eeh, i’ll need to go next year again. Anyway the first important thing is that the graphic designer meeting has turn to the LibregraphicFoundation subject. last year, Louis, Prokoudine and I tlaked about this already, but this year it might happen. It has been announced and will be done before september. Cool.
Nodebox : Awesome!
- language programs an output
- can do animations
Two years ago, i demonstrated the advantage of nodebase system for artist and , even if, Cyrille Berger worked a bit about it, nothing much had happened unless ramenHD. Gimp guys thinks its old school GUI. And Gimp guys says that Node UI is ’90s In fact i don’t when it comes from (layers come frome 80’s ) it’s just practical, much more than layer it seems they don’t want to leave.
Today, it demonstrates exactly why it still not be old school, at least for artist that can hardly program, because node base editing
- is more advanded and fluent than layers
- is a GUI programming tool so that you can use primitives without understandinf all the magic of programming (which adds more magic to me)
Many examples, some of them are bundled with the software package
- live interaction with rendering
- can parse SVG
- Do with code gives garbage that can be reexecuted and rerun
- color generator (try with “panther”)
- conceptual graph on a word with keywords
- Exchange with processing
Helps to answer on how to teach programming to art students with nodebox because it’s visual.
Scribus (peter linnell+Franz)
March 2001, Franz Schmidt
Write a PageMaker importer ? at the begin ?
Features of 150
- pattern strokes(color>stroke>pattern) : can change properties to change the offset angle
- pat effects
- Mesh gradient including Ai import
- new importer (xar, xfig, ai, idml)
How i made a book with scribus (Marcus Holland-Morris)
- use custom tag import
- select compression method quality and method for each image (really great, Indesign should take this idea too)
- caching system added to speed up (january)
In fact, Marcus book is really nice, and colors are really good. It’s a pity he was complaining about some scribus functionallities. But since he commited patch that are included in Scribus now, the workflow is improved with new interesting stuffs.
Shoebot : Ricardo Lafuente
code image in simplified python code started from nodebox and drawbot
command line interface
python and easy
(alexander prokoudine, wonderfull guy that helps in several project and that administrate libregraphicsworld.org and does really nice photos)
start february 2009
– 32 float bit/channel in Lab or LCH (for simpler tasks)
– export exr
Photograph orientate tool
based on some new gimp stuffs
mzny plugins already
nice effects manage with nurbs, changind color from color swatches,
Can do presets for batch
Future : more plugin, API